Natural-Looking Dental Crowns in San Diego
A compromised tooth can make you second guess eating certain foods and become the access point for oral health issues. At the dental practice of Terry McClanahan DDS, we offer dependable dental crowns that look and feel natural. Our team is passionate about helping you discover a smile you love while protecting your oral health with our quality dental services.
We are proud to safeguard the smiles of the residents of San Diego with dental crowns. You can trust that we will treat you with dignity and compassion, regardless of the current state of your oral health. Our dentist is excited to meet you and begin a long-lasting professional relationship based on trust and great dental care. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
CALL US: (619) 543-1588 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
Do I Need a Tooth Crown?
Dental crowns are custom restorations that can address various oral health needs. Tooth crowns protect a compromised tooth by covering it so it's safe from the forces exerted when you chew. Crowns can also seal a tooth to prevent infection and decay. Regardless of why you need a crown, you can trust that we will select the right crown for you. Here are a few reasons you may need a dental crown:
- A tooth that is chipped or cracked
- A tooth that is too small or worn
- A tooth that has received root canal therapy
- A tooth that is severely decaying
- Completing a dental implant to replace a missing tooth
Our Dental Crown Process
The moment you walk into our dental office, you notice the welcoming and peaceful environment. We understand that many people suffer from dental anxiety, which is why our friendly team takes the time to get to know you and ask questions to fully understand your concerns and goals. Our dentist performs a thorough exam of your teeth, jaws, and gums, complete with digital x-rays, to determine which type of dental crown best fits your needs and lifestyle.
We offer traditional and implant-supported dental crowns, and will recommend them based on whether your tooth is damaged or missing. Once you have selected the dental crown that fits your needs, we will craft your custom treatment plan, including any necessary pretreatments. Our team sends the details, measurements, and specific color match for your crown to a trusted lab, where your dental restoration will be created, which takes about two weeks. We are committed to helping you enjoy a calm visit, so we offer sedation options to prioritize your comfort.
- Traditional Crowns: Traditional dental crowns are prosthetic teeth that we tailor to fit over an existing tooth. The crown is crafted to match the color, size, and shape of your natural teeth to create a beautifully blended smile. When you receive your custom crown, our dentist will gently shape your existing tooth to ensure your crown covers the tooth and fits comfortably within your arch of teeth.
- Implant-Supported Crowns: Dental implants are restorations that consist of an implant post, an abutment, and a custom crown. You will first receive the implant post and take time to heal from the procedure. During that time, the post permanently fuses with your jawbone in a process called osseointegration. The implant post stimulates your jawbone, preventing bone loss, preserving your facial structure, and providing a firm base for your crown. Once you've healed, you will return to our office, and we will attach your custom tooth crown.
San Diego Tooth Crowns FAQs
Choosing the dental restoration that's right for you is a complex decision, and it's normal to have questions. That's why we encourage you to voice your questions and concerns, and we are happy to provide the answers and information you need to feel confident in your treatment plan. Here are some of the most common questions we receive about dental crowns in San Diego:
Dental crowns are easy to care for because you brush and floss them twice daily just like your natural teeth. It's important to maintain your biannual dental appointments so our friendly dentist can verify the integrity of your crown.
The prosthetic tooth is carefully created to fit comfortably with your natural teeth. If you select an implant-supported crown, then you may experience some discomfort when the titanium post is placed, but we offer sedation options to maximize your comfort.
Yes. We offer same-day appointments whenever possible to serve you better. Just call our office during regular work hours, and we'll let you know how soon we can schedule an appointment for you.
Beautiful Dental Crowns in San Diego
Protecting your smile is an important part of maintaining your overall health, and our team is proud to partner with you to boost your oral health. At the dental practice of Terry McClanahan DDS, we offer reliable dental crowns in San Diego. Our tooth-colored crowns are durable and can protect your smile for many years. We blend decades of experience and quality dental care to create a positive experience every time you visit us. Contact us today to learn more about our beautiful dental crowns.
CALL US: (619) 543-1588 REQUEST APPOINTMENT